HERITAGE GROUP MEETING
DATE: Thursday, January 17, 2019
TIME: 10 a.m.
PLACE: Boardroom A137
ATTENDANCE: Leslie Walsh, Chair, Mary Hayes, Secretary, Don Carlson, Bob Vinet, Glenn Baldwin, John Reimers, Rose Marie Hess, Lorie Siebrand, Sherry Ripak, Dorothy Derksen, Karen Wall, Rose-Marie Floch, Dale Watts, Louis Rodkin, Deanna Muller, Elaine Primeau, Gordon McBean, Allison Cowell, Linda Robeson, Carol Girling, Don Kennedy, Gina Fidel, Deanna Muller, Nancy Wheatley, Steven Franklin, Dudley Hill, Laura Sinclair
Meeting attendees enjoyed coffee and socializing at 9:30.
Guest Speaker was Paul Samyn, Editor of the Winnipeg Free Press who spoke about the past, present and future of the paper.
WELCOME AND CALL TO ORDER
Chair called the meeting to order at 11:35 after a short coffee break.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA (Karen Wall, Dorothy Derksen).
ADOPTION OF MINUTES (Rose-Marie Floch, Glenn Baldwin).
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Coffee on the Wall
People can donate money, Student Association provides boxes for donations so that homeless, etc., can get a coffee on the wall.
Social Committee (Karen Wall)
- There will be a Trivia Afternoon on February 21 (topics will be focused on Winnipeg and Canada) followed by a light lunch for $10. Location: Aboriginal Centre in F Building. Twenty people are needed for the event. Laura will send notice and ask for those interested to RSVP.
- The lunch outing will move back to March.
- RRCC Retiree Benefit Plan – CCSB provides advice re Blue Cross, Great West Life, etc. MARGE (Manitoba Association of Retired Government Employees combined with Johnson Insurance) was discussed. Not enough interest to have a speaker. Dorothy Derksen has information for those interested.
- Leslie has been unable to get Marcy Markusa to respond regarding speaking to the group on April 18. Gimli Gliders was suggested as an alternative. Glenn Baldwin will check re speaker for February 20/20.
- Rutkowski (speaker on UFOs) is being considered. Dorothy suggested a professor and author at the U of M who would speak on old abandoned school buildings in Manitoba.
- It was mentioned that The College’s television commercials presently showing are very good.
- Louis Lussier has undergone heart surgery. The Group will send a get-well card.
- Bob Vinet’s granddaughter was a member of the team that won gold in Japan.
ADJOURNMENT: (Mary Hayes)
DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS?
IF YOU WISH TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS DISTRIBUTION
OR TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS
Please Contact Laura Sinclair at 204-632-3031 or email@example.com