HERITAGE GROUP MEETING
DATE: Thursday January 18, 2018
TIME: 10 a.m.
PLACE: Boardroom A137
ATTENDANCE: Leslie Walsh, Chair, Mary Hayes, Secretary, Don Carlson, Arnold Kolask, John Reimers, Rose Marie Hess, Lorie Siebrand, Allison Cowell, Nancy Wheatley, John Graeb, Lynne Graeb, Dorothy Derksen, Karen Wall, Rose-Marie Floch, Gordon McBean, Dale Watts, Ron Blicq, Linda Robeson, Pat McDonnell, Louis Rodkin, Janice Lowry, Bob Barr, Bev Beitz, Gord Mackie, Deanna Muller, Elena Grinshteyn
- Meeting attendees enjoyed coffee and socializing at 9:30.
- Guest Speaker was Lauren Konrad, Student Integration Coordinator, Diversity and Intercultural Services. Lauren gave a very informative and interesting presentation.
WELCOME AND CALL TO ORDER
Chair called the meeting to order at 11:30 after a short coffee break.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA (Ron Blicq, Dale Watts)
ADOPTION OF MINUTES (John Reimers, Dorothy Derksen)
- Financial Report (Elena): The Endowed Fund stands at $ll,088.04; to date, $5837 has been raised this year. If we were to give $6000 in awards, we would be eligible to collect $3000 in matching funds, which would go to the general College bursary fund (in an attempt to help more students).
- Leslie prepared a list of possible Heritage Group speakers. Members were asked to prioritize choices using numbers 1 to 6. Added to the list were Wilma Derksen, Dan Lett and Elena Grinshteyn.
- Karen Wall reported that the Christmas Luncheon was a success with good attendance and lots of prizes to be handed out. The Committee is contemplating having a plated lunch next year.
- The St. Patrick`s Day Lunch will be held on March 15 at Kildonan Park Restaurant (with a St. Pat`s theme).
- The Heritage Group Wind-Up for this year will be a tour of St. Boniface Museum and Cathedral. There are two restaurants close by.
- Dorothy Derksen congratulated Karen and the Social Committee for doing a wonderful job.
- Dale Watts congratulated Guy Dugas for the excellent job he does on the Heritage Newsletter and the Blog. Guy now lives in Vancouver but faithfully edits the newsletter and the Heritage Group Blog. Guy would appreciate members sending stories, news, etc., to include in the Newsletter.
- Bob Barr, who was at the very first meeting of the Heritage Group, also offered congratulations on the Newsletter and Blog. Founding members of the Group were Bob Barr, Don Kennedy, Horace Hackett, Gene Gladys, and Ken Campbell.
- Ron Blicq has been teaching a writing group at his new residence. One of the members of the group, Isaac Gotfried, has published his book about the holocaust entitled Lucky to Survive. It is available at McNally’s.
- There will be a Donor Recognition Event in April or May. The Heritage Group will receive an invitation.
- Icons, RRCC, gave a large donation.
ADJOURNMENT (Dorothy Derksen)
DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS?
Please contact Elena Grinshteyn to receive this package by email:
Elena Grinshteyn at 204-631-3324 or email@example.com
Please remember to check out our blog at http://rrc-hg.ca/
IF YOU WISH TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS DISTRIBUTION
OR UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS:
Please Contact: Elena Grinshteyn at 204-631-3324 or firstname.lastname@example.org