Heritage Group Planning Meeting

DATE: August 19, 2021
TIME: 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Maxime’s Restaurant, St. Mary’s Rd.
PRESENT: Karen Wall, Dorothy Derksen, Laura Payne, Leslie Walsh
ABSENT: Gail Shimonek

Future Direction for HG

Laura suggested we meet to discuss the future direction for the HG, considering COVID restrictions. Laura has had ongoing conversations with the RRC Director of Safety: Jody Pluchinski.

Discussion followed.


  1. The September meeting will continue as a Zoom meeting.
  2. The October meeting will be at RRC or another venue (Dorothy suggested her building’s common room which holds 40 people) depending on RRC COVID rules.
  3. Laura will ask the President to present at the Oct. meeting if we can meet in person.
  4. Leslie will continue as Chair until April 2022 when the AGM will occur.
  5. Further decisions re: speakers, meetings etc. will be made once we know about meeting in person or at a zoom meeting.

Social Committee Direction

Karen will work on a social get-together for November. People must pay individually at the venue as there will be no way to collect money if we can’t meet in person.

Nomination Committee Direction

Dorothy reviewed a list of members for suggestions of people who can be nominated for the Chair position. 4 names were suggested. Dorothy will call each person to see if they would be interested in the Chair position. The elections will take place at the April AGM in 2022.

Categories: All, Meeting Minutes

3 replies »

    • Sorry I didn’t see this sooner Dale. You probably already know our next meeting is Thursday, Sept. 16th at 1030. Hope to see you there. Les

  1. I agree with all the above. Thank you Leslie for doing that. Karen maybe the social club can meet but I am leaving for a road trip September 19th.

Leave a Reply