Throughout 2022, your intrepid team of Heritage Group reporters and investigative journalists have sought out the best in retiree goings-on.
Below are, in decreasing order of popularity, our top ten most read posts/pages this past year – aside from RRC Staff News (which, for some unknown reason, is no longer public), Newsletters and Passages:
- Gina hits the road again: Fascinating article by Gina Fidel who, at 80, was on the road to Israel again (her 20th time) this past September.
- Puerto Vallarta: Destination of Contrasts: Gail Shimonek entices us with a loving profile of the pearl of the Mexican Pacific, her home away from home.
- About: Everything you would like to know about the RRC Heritage Group.
- Sports star of the week: Ray Newman: CTV aired a feature of former RRC president Ray Newman and his Dukes – a hockey team Ray coached some 40 years ago – on August 30. Read all about it.
- Dateline March 1960: “Once upon a time you dressed so fine, drew for the Manitoban in your prime, didn’t you?” Sound familiar? Read about the Dave Williamson connection, further exposed in the April post, How does it feel?
- Confessions of a Cruise Ship Dance Host: Dale Watts bares all in this flash from his past.
- HG Meeting Minutes: October 21, 2021: Finally, an in person meeting of the Heritage Group! Read about the buzz it generated.
- The Chair is, well, not dead…: Nancy Wheatley, new HG Co-Chair shares her bio (as did Liz Omeniuk in her November post, Two for the price of one).
- A circle of life: Fascinating family history of our former president, Dr. Gary Polonsky
- New aka on the block: An introduction to Michael Joyal, aka the new Laura.