Read the latest RRC News updates to keep abreast of the College’s internal stakeholder messages.
What Older Adults Need to Know
Coronavirus info links
For the latest news and information about the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, please visit the following:
- Manitoba Health coronavirus page
- Public Health Agency of Canada coronavirus page
- World Health Organization
Use the new COVID-19 screening tool
Shared Health Manitoba has released a new screening tool to help you determine if you should contact Health Links, or seek other medical advice, if you think you have symptoms that may indicate COVID-19 coronavirus.
The tool asks you to answer a series of questions and then offers advice on how to proceed.
Shared Health advises that the tool is not a medical assessment. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, seek medical attention or call 911. This service is not a substitute for consulting with your doctor.
Health Links – Info Santé (204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257)
No hand sanitizer? Use warm soap and water!
Hand sanitizers are in limited supply worldwide and are being prioritized for use in healthcare facilities, where they will be needed most as the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak continues to unfold.
Public health authorities advise that proper hand-washing, using warm water and soap, are still your best defense against transmitting the virus:
- Rinse hands with warm running water, add soap to palms and rub hands together to create lather
- Thoroughly cover all the surfaces of your hands and fingers (including nails) for 20+ seconds
- Rinse under warm running water
- Dry hands thoroughly with single-use towel or hand dryer
- Turn off the tap with a clean paper towel
Categories: All, Health & Wellness
Leave a Reply