While we may be retired, we don’t always have to act our age! Do you still enjoy listening to rock and roll music now and then? Would you like the opportunity to get out and dance to the music of our youth, from the 50s, 60s and 70s? Come out to one of the Forever Young Club (FYC) monthly dances and enjoy an evening with other “Baby Boomers”.
The club is in its 19th year of putting on socials – for our age group, listening to our music. Every dance has an excellent music man and three or four times per year there is a live band. Included is a great late evening lunch, as well as 50/50 draws, door prizes, spot dance prizes and a silent auction a couple of times per year. To make it even more fun, many dances are “themed” for those who wish to participate. Here is a list of the upcoming dances for 2016.
- January 30 Winter Sock Hop (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
- February 27 Sweetheart Dance (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
- March 19 Patrick’s Dance (ANAF Rockwood 303 at 341 Wilton)
- April 23 *Annual Fundraiser Dance (ANAVET Unit 283 at 3584 Portage Ave)
- May 28 Member Appreciation Dance (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
- September 24 Fall Dance & AGM (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
- October 29 Halloween Dance (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
- November 26 Sadie Hawkins Dance (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
- December 31 *New Year’s Eve Dance (Shrine Hall at 1155 Wilkes)
Non-member tickets are $15 at the door, but must be reserved by phone or email.
* These two special dances are $25 presale tickets only – not available at the door
Reservations: Deanna at 204-793-2892
If you would like to contact me directly to ask specific questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“You don’t stop playing when you get old…you get old when you stop playing.”