HERITAGE GROUP MEETING
DATE: Thursday, October 17, 2019
TIME: 10 a.m.
PLACE: Boardroom A137
ATTENDANCE: Leslie Walsh, Chair; Mary Hayes, Secretary; Don Carlson, John Reimers, Rose Marie Hess, Lorie Siebrand, Dorothy Derksen, Karen Wall, Sherry Ripak, Rose-Marie Floch, Ron Blicq, Gina Fidel, Deanna Muller, Linda Caldwell, Dale Watts, Louis Rodkin, Ray Newman, Julie Rachuk, Gail Shimonek, Cynthia Zelenewich, Allison Cowell, Linda Robeson, Howard R. Engel.
Meeting attendees enjoyed coffee and socializing at 9:30.
WELCOME AND CALL TO ORDER
The Chair welcomed Linda Caldwell, who replaces Laura Payne while she is on maternity leave. She also thanked Julie Rachuk for bringing cinnamon buns.
The speaker was Angela Chotka, Program Manager, School of Business and Applied Arts, School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts at the College. Angela is involved in the Main Street Project.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA (John Reimers, Allison Cowell).
ADOPTION OF MINUTES (Dorothy Derksen, Deanna Muller)
CONSTITUTION AMENDMENTS (revised constitution posted at https://rebrand.ly/Constitution-2019)
- Article 1, Section 1: Punctuation changes
- Article 4, Section 2 deleted (Ron, Dale)
- Article 5, Section 3: add initial capitals to Assistant Chair
- Article 7, Section 1: add December to the list of non-meeting months (Rose and Gail)
- Article 8, Section 1: change dates to April 1 to March 31 (Gail, Deanna)
- Article 9, Section 4 to be worded as follows: “Signing authority for expenditures shall be the Chair and Secretary. Two signatures are required. If the chair or secretary is unavailable, the Assistant Chair may exercise authority, or any two executive members or others so delegated in writing by the executive, for limited amounts and purposes.”
- Article 11, Section 1: Punctuation changes.
Dorothy Derksen suggested we speak to administration about strengthening the Alumni Association.
MOTION: Send letter to Board and the President strongly recommending that more effort be put into building up the Alumni Association and reinstating the Alumni Dinner.
Seconded by Dale Watts.
Michael Champagne cannot be contacted as a speaker for the April 16, 2020 meeting. Linda Walker has agreed to speak on that date about Friendship Force (travel group) and How to Pack Luggage.
Financial Report (Laura Payne)
$3,000 has been collected in donations.
Social Committee (Karen Wall)
The Holiday Luncheon is to be held at Assiniboia Downs on Thursday, November 21; cocktails (cash bar) at 11:30 with lunch to follow at noon. Confirm attendance by Thursday, November 14 at
Lnpayne@rrc.ca. Cost $35. The March 19 lunch at Feast Bistro (Ellice Avenue across from the Cultural Centre) and the final outing on May 21 to the Oak Bluff Hutterite Colony (near Morris) have been confirmed.
We are sad to note the passing of Bradley Beddome (see rrc-hg.ca for details).
ADJOURNMENT: (Ray Newman)
DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS?
IF YOU WISH TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS DISTRIBUTION
OR TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS
Please contact Alexis Reeves at 204-632-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.